What is HomeShare Woodstock? The mission of HomeShare Woodstock is to connect home owners and home seekers to create affordable, satisfying housing opportunities, allowing people to continue to call Woodstock their home.
Welcome to HomeShare Woodstock, Family of Woodstock’s newest program. HomeShare Woodstock seeks to address the shortage of affordable housing in our community. This innovative program matches qualified home owners with additional living space with home seekers looking for safe rental situations in or near the town of Woodstock, Saugerties, Hurley, Phoenicia, Boiceville, or Olivebridge.
- With more than 70 successful home share programs in the United States today, HomeShare Woodstock uses local housing that already exists: a room in a home, an accessory dwelling above a garage, or a studio/cottage that is not connected to the main house.
- In exchange for affordable rent, the home seeker may offer companionship and/or assist with light house/yard work, transportation, computer assistance or pet care.
- Home owners and home seekers are carefully vetted and matched by preferences, common needs and interests.
- A thorough intake process interviews applicants, checks backgrounds and provides ongoing support once the match is made.
- Priority consideration will be given to people who work or volunteer in Woodstock.
Download a copy of our brochure here.
Are you a homeowner with an extra room in your house or a cottage on your property? Could you be a HomeShare Host?
We are seeking Host Applications from homes within a 10 mile radius of Woodstock. To receive a host application, contact email@example.com
Are you a local employee, volunteer or senior in need of affordable rent? Are you a potential HomeShare Guest?
We are seeking Guest applications from people living in or outside of Woodstock. To receive a guest application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information please contact us at email@example.com or call 845.679.2485. Follow us on our Facebook page and look for us this spring and summer at outdoor events in Woodstock and nearby towns where we will be available to answer your questions and to provide information about the HomeShare Woodstock program. We look forward to seeing you and please help us to spread the word about HomeShare Woodstock!
16 Rock City Road
Woodstock, NY 12498
Facebook: HomeShare Woodstock
Project Director: Janice La Motta
Home Share Woodstock Advisory Board
The Rev. Susan Auchincloss, Community Volunteer
Michael Berg, Family of Woodstock
Maria-Elena, Woodstock Town Board
Tamara Cooper, Family of Woodstock
Susan Goldman, Community Volunteer
Beverly Harris, Community Volunteer
Sue Koppenhaver, Office for the Aging
Jamey Wolff, Community Volunteer
Program Hours: Hotline – 24 hrs. /365 days
Walk-ins – 9:30am to 9:30pm; 24 hours in emergencies
Textmeback Textline – 7 days a week, 5:00am to 1:00am