The objective of these trainings is to provide every New York State child care provider with a place to meet their required training hours. Each child care provider must complete at least 15 hours of training during the first six months of registration and at least 30 hours of training every 2 years. This training must include each of the following topics:
- Principles of childhood development, focusing on the developmental stages of the age groups for which the program provides care
- Nutrition and health needs of infants and children
- Child day care program development
- Safety and security procedures
- Business record maintenance and management
- Child abuse and maltreatment identification and prevention
- Statutes and regulations pertaining to child day care
- Statutes and regulations pertaining to child abuse and maltreatment
- Education and information on the identification, diagnosis and prevention of shaken baby syndrome
OCFS offers online training using several unique and innovative delivery methods to meet the needs of child care providers throughout New York State.
OCFS will not approve credit toward required training hours for completing the same online training more than once within a two year period. The website will still allow users to log in and review trainings already completed, allowing trainees to refresh their recollection of previously learned material. Training credit, however, will only be awarded the first time that a specific online course is complete within any two year training period.
CHILD CARE AWARE TRAINING ACADEMY– We can provide you with more online training opportunities. All courses listed are approved by OCFS for your required training. EIP may be used for these trainings. Check it out for new exciting courses, all at your own convenience.
CHILD CARE AWARE– We can provide you with more online training opportunities. All courses listed are approved by OCFS for your required training. EIP may be used for these trainings. Check it out for new exciting courses, all at your own convenience.
CACFP TRAINING ONLINE– The following trainings are OCFS approved and are acceptable for the CACFP training requirement, as well as your required 30 hours every 2 years. You must complete 1 hour nutrition training (online or in person) per year while participating with CACFP.
SERVING ADEQUATE FOODS IN CHILD CARE (1 HOUR)
SERVING SAFE FOOD IN CHILD CARE (4 HOURS)
OBESITY PREVENTION (2 HOURS)
Non-credit bearing distance learning courses are reviewed using OCFS criteria to ensure they meet the New York State training requirements. Approved courses may qualify for EIP funding. Courses that have been reviewed are displayed under their corresponding training organization. Click here for additional information.
COLUMBIA/ GREENE TRAINING