The NYS Health Department has created a Health Home Program which is an initiative to provide comprehensive coordinated health care services and supports for individuals on Medicaid. If you join the Health Home Program you will have your own care manager to help you coordinate health care and social services needs. This care manager will make it easier to for you to connect to and follow your doctor’s recommendations, stay healthy and avoid emergencies.
Family of Woodstock, Inc. (Family) is working with the Institute for Family Health to implement Health Home Services. The services provided by Family are free and the care coordinator can help you in the following ways:
• Making and remembering appointments
• Finding affordable medications
• Signing up for food assistance
• Coordinating transportation
• Managing stress
• Signing up for health insurance
• Answering questions about services
• Finding community resources
• Making healthier decisions
• Preventing hospitalizations
• Addressing issues before they become a crises
• And more!
If you are interested in more information or would like to receive more Health Home services, please call either Melissa Bayetis or Lehanne Sisco at 845-331-7080.