WHAT IS THE CHILD CARE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM?
THE CHILD CARE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM IS A FEDERALLY FUNDED PROGRAM TO ASSIST AND SUPPORT THE GOALS OF SELF SUFFICIENCY.
I AM ELIGIBLE?
- Be actively enrolled in an approved activity.
- Be the caregiver of a child under 13 years or a child with special needs over 13 years.
- Be income eligible.
|INCOME STANDARDS valid June 1, 2023-May 31, 2024|
|Family Size||Income Standard|
|A household income more than 8 add $5,140 /person|
To check your eligibility, go to the Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) Eligibility Questionnaire.
HOW DO I APPLY?
- Pick up an application in the lobby at 610 State Street, Hudson, NY
- Call 518-822-0087 M-F 8am-4pm
- Fax 518-822-9463
- Email request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Print application and additional forms listed below. Contact 518-822-0087 or email@example.com for assistance. Some forms may not apply.
ADDITIONAL FORMS NEEDED:
- Work Verification Form (Spanish Work Verification Form)
- Child Support Parental Release Letter(Spanish Child Support Parental Release Letter)
- Absent Parent form (Spanish Absent Parent Form)
- Education Verification Form (Spanish Education Verification Form)
- Student Information Release Form (Spanish Student Information Release Form)
- School Advisor Verification Form (Spanish School Advisor Verification Form)
- Provider Verification Form (Spanish Provider Verification Form)
- Provider – Client Confidentiality Release (Spanish Provider – Client Confidentiality Release)
- Payment Verification Form (Spanish Payment Verification Form)
- Notice of Client Responsibility Form (Spanish Client Responsibility Form)
- W-9 Form (if receiving reimbursement from DSS-CCAPto pay your child care provider)
- Verification of age of each applying household member.
- Verification of Social Security Numbers.
- Verification of the last 8 weeks of wages.
- Verification of Address and Household Composition
- Verification of any other income
- Self Employed applicants will need to contact the office for verification forms 518-822-0087.
Contact Child Care Assistance Program for help at 518-822-0087 or firstname.lastname@example.org or How to complete the application for child care assistance (CÓMO COMPLETAR LA SOLICITUD DE ASISTENCIA PARA CUIDADO INFANTIL) We are here to help you!
Application processing takes approximately 30 days.
Submit application, forms and documents to email@example.com, bring to the lobby at 610 State St., Hudson M-F 8am-4pm, or Fax 518-822-9463
WHAT ARE MY RESPONSIBILITIES?
- Recertify every year
- Report and submit verification of all household changes to the office such as: Loss/Change of employment, Change of marital status, Change in child care provider, Change in income
- Provide required verification when requested
- Submit all household income (wages, tips, child support, social security dividends, etc.) to determine eligibility.
- Pay a weekly Family Share Fee amount to child care providers*. *Delinquency of 3 weeks or more may result in a Discontinue of Benefits.
LOOKING FOR CHILD CARE?
Contact Child Care Connections
- call (518) 822-1944 M-F 8am-4pm
- visit CCC search for child care 24 hrs/day
Aisha Hosier is the Program Director of Child Care Assistance Program in Columbia County. Aisha has been serving the individuals and families of Columbia County since 2017. She has over a decade of experience working in the Human Services field and has received a degree in Human Services from Herkimer Community College. Aisha is passionate about the youth in her community and strives to ensure they are provided with the resources they are eligible for. Aisha has worked for Family of Woodstock Inc. since 2017.
PHONE: (518) 610-0087 Ext. 102
Kaitlyn Dombrowski is a Bilingual Case Manager for Child Care Assistance Program in Columbia County. Kaitlyn has bachelor’s degree in Sociology; prior to working at the Child Care Assistance Program, Kaitlyn was an undergraduate student at SUNY New Paltz. She has been working with Family of Woodstock and the Child Care Assistance Program since 2021.
PHONE: 518-822-0087 ext 103 (se habla espanol)
Columbia County Department of Social Services-Child Care Assistance Program 25 Railroad Ave (office location 610 State Street), Hudson, NY 12534
Telephone – (518) 822-0087 Fax – (518) 822-9463 firstname.lastname@example.org Monday-Friday 8:00am – 4:00pm or by appointment for after 4:00pm.
Child Care Providers
Are you are interested in becoming a licensed/registered child care provider? For more information click here .
Are you a family member, friend, or neighbor that would like care for a child receiving Child Care Assistance Program? Complete the ENROLLMENT FORM FOR PROVIDER OF LEGALLY EXEMPT IN-HOME CHILD CARE AND LEGALLY EXEMPT FAMILY CHILD CARE
Child Care Assistance Program Provider Forms
NEW MARKET RATES 2022:
Please be advised that Child Care Assistance Program market rates have been increased to the 80th percentile effective June 1st , 2022, to better reflect providers actual cost of care. Actual cost of care is defined as the amount charged to the general public for equal care in the facility or home.
COLUMBIA COUNTY ONLY Our department will be updating rates annually in January. You may submit new rates at any time throughout the year.
Rates charged for families/children using the Child Care Assistance Program may not exceed the amount charged to the general public. Income-based fee structures that are applied to the general public must be applied to child care assistance program recipients and considered as the actual cost of care. Scholarships or discounts to the general public cannot exclude child care assistance program recipients if the family otherwise meets the criteria specified for that scholarship or discount.
COLUMBIA COUNTY ONLY Also, as a reminder all providers are eligible for up to 80 absences to use in a one-year period as long as verification or documentation is submitted along with billing. You will also receive payment for the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas Day. Absent Slips are available below for your convenience.