Family’s Domestic Violence Services include:
- The Washbourne House, A 17 bed shelter for women and their children, The Washbourne House, located in a confidential location in Ulster County. Residents receive individual and group support-counseling, case management, parenting and children’s services, advocacy and extensive referrals. Call Family of Woodstock’s 24-hour crisis hotline at 338-2370.
- Non-residential support groups. Women who are not in need of our shelter services can attend a weekly domestic violence support group. There are two English-speaking groups meeting in the early evening, in Kingston; one of those groups includes childcare. For information about these evening groups, contact Emily at 331-7080, x 328.
- Groups meeting during business hours are these: A Thursday, Spanish-speaking group in Kingston; a Tuesday, English & Spanish speaking group in New Paltz ; a Wednesday, English & Spanish speaking group in Ellenville. For information about these three groups, contact our bilingual counselor, Maria, at 331-7080, x 313.
- Short-term individual counseling and case management, including safety planning for yourself and your children. If you are not ready to be in a support group, or if your schedule conflicts with our existing support groups, we can meet you for short-term counseling. Call Emily at 331-7080, x 328. For bilingual services contact Maria at 331-7080, x 313.
- Activities/events at the shelter. Holiday parties, barbeques, and food pantry are available to our former residents and to individuals in our non-resident programs.
- Our domestic violence Family Court advocate can provide assistance in drafting petitions for emergency orders of protection. Call Lyuba at 481-9465.
- We accept referrals from Ulster County agencies for mandated educational services to survivors of domestic violence. In Kingston, call Emily at 331-7080, ext. 328. In Ellenville and New Paltz, or for bilingual mandated services, call Maria at 331-7080, x 313.
For more information, contact us at:
Family Domestic Violence Services
PO Box 3817
Kingston, NY 12402
845-331-7080 ext 327