The Family’s Child Care Council was established in 1984 to provide child care resource and referral services in Ulster County under contract to Work/Family Directions. Prior to that Family of Woodstock Inc. ran a family day care training project for the Ulster County Department of Social Services, as well as sponsoring a licensed child care center and after-school program. The Child Care Council participated as a subcontractor in the first family day care training project awarded to the New York State Child Care Coordinating Council by New York State Department of Social Services. In 1988, the Child Care Council expanded services to Columbia and Greene Counties and became the publicly funded child care resource and referral service for the tri-county area.
Since that time, Child Care Connections has been doing recruitment, training of child care providers, sponsor of the Child and Adult Care Food Program as well as register and inspect family day care and school age child care programs in all three counties.
Child Care Connections is a child care resource and referral agency and a program of Family of Woodstock, Inc., serving Columbia, Greene, and Ulster Counties. We provide families with referrals to legal child care programs as well as information on financial support. We recruit and regulate legal child care programs to ensure the health, safety and quality of care for children. We sponsor child care programs participating in Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP). We educate and advocate for child care professionals, families and the community on the importance of early childhood development.
Child Care Connections is sponsored by the following:
- Family of Woodstock, Inc. a United Way Agency
- National Association for Child Care Resource and Referral Agencies
- Education of Young Children
- Zero to Three
- Child Care Aware of America
Child Care Connections is a member/ partner of the following:
- United Way (Columbia, Greene & Ulster Counties)
- Winning Beginning
- Early Care & Learning Center
- Bringing Agencies Together
- Ellenville Community Partnerships
- Family Support Program
- Chamber of Commerece (Columbia, Greene & Ulster Counties)
- Cornell Cooperative Extension
- Project Hope
- Community Heart & Healthy Coalition
Child Care Connections is funded by the following:
- Office of Children and Family Services
- NYS Department of Health
- Columbia, Greene & Ulster County Department of Social Services
Child Care Connections services:
- Recruits, trains & provides technical assistance
- Sponsors FDC & GFDC who participate on CACFP
- Maintains most comprehensive list of child care resources available
- Responds to concerns and complaints concerning child care programs
- Parent education
- Referrals for legal child care.
Child Care Connections staff works closely with public and business representatives to foster a public/private partnership that addresses the current lack of available, affordable, quality child care. Child Care Connections is dedicated to keep child care programs, parents and communities connected.
39 John St
Kingston, NY 12401
(845) 331-7080 Fax (845) 331-0526
COLUMBIA & GREENE COUNTIES
160 Fairview Avenue Suite 914 Floor 2
Hudson, NY 12534
(518) 822-1944 Fax (518) 822-8233