Kingston, NY 12401
2021 Ulster County Homeless Count
Volunteers and Donations Needed
Thursday, June 17th 4pm-6pm
& Friday, June 18th from 9am-4pm
The Continuum of Care is conducting its annual homeless count. The 2021 count will be expanded to count individuals, families and youth that are couch surfing or staying in overcrowded housing that do not have a regular place to stay.
The Count will include events and canvassing on the night of June 17th and a service based count will be completed on Friday, June 18th.
All Family of Woodstock walk in offices located in Kingston, Woodstock, Ellenville, and New Paltz will provide food, and supplies Thursday June 17th from 4pm-6pm. All locations will have providers that will have information, resources and links to programs. All locations will also offer bi-lingual services and have staff from Veteran Service agencies to assist.
Volunteers are needed
- Assisting with set up and getting supplies to all walk in centers
- Assisting with distribution of food and supplies for those that complete an anonymous survey
- Identifying locations where street homeless are likely to be found
- Canvassing teams for municipalities – case managers or outreach workers from 6pm-8pm
- Distributing surveys, food and supplies at service based locations
- Donations are needed
Socks, small first aid kits, high protein bars, sunscreen, lip balm, rain ponchos, reading glasses, and other items we can use for incentives.
How do I get Involved?
Please e-mail Kathy Germain at email@example.com
with your name, daytime phone number and how you would like to help.
There will be a planning meeting in April that will include volunteer assignments and training