Why Youth Mental Health First Aid?
Youth Mental Health First Aid teaches you how to identify, understand and respond to signs of mental illnesses and substance use disorders. This 8-hour training gives adults who work with youth the skills they need to reach out and provide initial support to adolescents (ages 12-18) who may be developing a mental health or substance use problem and help connect them to the
of youth with major
depression do not
receive any mental
1 in 5
teens & young adults
lives with a mental
of youth report having
a substance use or
WHO SHOULD TAKE IT
• School staff
• Camp counselors
• Youth group leaders
• People who work with youth
WHAT IT COVERS
• Common signs and symptoms of mental illnesses in this age group, including:
• Eating disorders
• Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
• Common signs and symptoms of substance use.
• How to interact with an adolescent in crisis.
• How to connect the adolescent with help.
The course will teach you how to apply the ALGEE action plan:
• Assess for risk of suicide or harm
• Listen nonjudgmentally
• Give reassurance and information
• Encourage appropriate professional help
• Encourage self-help and other support strategies
To register call 845-679-2485 or email email@example.com