In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Family continues to offer a wide array of services for the tens of thousands of clients we serve. They include:
- Our 24-Hour Hotline, the oldest round-the-clock operating emergency switchboard in the country, which remains open and is supporting residents struggling with issues such as fear, isolation, food insecurity, homelessness, and other emergency needs
- Our food pantries at our walk-in centers in Woodstock, New Paltz and Ellenville, which are preparing to-go bags available for call-ahead and pick up
- 600+ hot meals prepared by Family staff every day at the Everette Hodge Community Center, which are delivered by local volunteers to families who cannot access food distribution points or cannot afford to purchase food
- Our four shelter programs, which remain open and include Family House, a runaway and homeless youth shelter; Family Inn, a shelter for homeless families; Darmstadt, a shelter for homeless adults; and Washbourne House, a shelter for survivors of domestic violence and their children
- Our Child Care Connections, the designated Child Care Resource and Referral agency for Ulster, Columbia and Greene Counties, which continues to work with local providers to expand capacity as a result of school closings and support families to access and afford quality care
- Emergency funds, established by the United Way and Radio Kingston, which we continue to process requests for support
- Our case management and crisis intervention teams, which, in addition to our Hotline, continue to offer support via phone, text, and email
These crucial services are in danger of cut backs, or, in worst case scenarios, closures, without your support at this time, while we await federal financial assistance.
Can you help with a tax-deductible donation that will go directly to support the lifelines that sustain and nourish so many of our community members throughout Ulster County?