The holidays are quickly approaching and Family Domestic Violence Services & Family’s Crisis Support Programs are preparing for our holiday gift drive. The financial pressures of the holiday season can be a struggle for many, but for a family escaping domestic violence it can seem insurmountable. An individual or family taking that brave step to leave an abusive home should be able to experience a comfortable holiday season and begin a new year in a home free from violence.
Our clients who face homelessness, disabilities, and mental illness often do not have the resources to provide a warm and fulfilling holiday for their family. Our programs strive to provide gifts to all of our clients and their families in need.
To help us fill this need we are seeking area businesses or organizations that would be willing to be a drop off location for gifts. We would provide a container and sign and list your business on our holiday drive materials. If you are interested in hosting a gift collection container at your business please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (845) 331-7080.
Register to receive holiday help by stopping by your local FAMILY Walk in Center:
FAMILY of Ellenville – 221 Canal Street, Ellenville – 647-2443
FAMILY of New Paltz – 51 North Chestnut Street – New Paltz – 255-8801
FAMILY of Woodstock – 16 Rock City Road – Woodstock – 679-2485
FAMILY of Kingston – 39 John Street – Kingston – 331-7080
You can also support the Holiday Drive by Donating either to our Domestic Violence Services & Family’s Crisis Support Programs GoFundMe Campaign or our Midway Transitional Living Program GoFundMe Campaign
or Sponsoring a Family in need by contacting your local walk-in center at one of the numbers above.
Holiday Gift Wish List (new and unwrapped):
Infant toys- Teething toys, Rattles, Learning Toys, Board Books, etc…
Toddler Toys – Mega Blocks, Duplos, Fisher Price Little People Toys, Learning Toys,
Wooden Puzzles, Ride on Toys
Dolls- Baby Dolls (all races), baby doll accessories (strollers, high chairs, etc…),
Barbies, Disney Princess Dolls, Any popular figure dolls (Monster High, Ever After,
etc), LOL dolls, Journey Girls/ Our Generation Dolls
Super Heros- Action figures, dress up, books, games, etc…
Cars, Trucks, Trains – All sizes for all ages
Board Games & Puzzles
DVDs & Video Games – anything new and child appropriate (non violent)
Arts & Crafts- Art Sets, Coloring Books, Art Supplies, Play doh, Slime making kits or
supplies, Craft Sets, Beads, Jewelry kits, etc…
Character Toys- Popular Character Toys: My Little Pony, Shopkins, Paw Patrol,
Trolls, Pokemon, Ninja Turtles, Elena of Avalor, Disney’s Moana, Minnie Mouse,
Power Puff Girls, Coco, Star Wars
Legos & Building kits
Clothes, Pajamas, Slippers, Socks, Hats, Gloves, Scarves, Snow Pants, Snow Boots-
New all sizes infant – 18 for boys and girls
Gifts for Adults
Clothes- New winter clothing all sizes, snow boots, slippers, pajamas, robes, hats,
gloves, scarves, socks, underwear
Makeup sets, nail sets, bath sets, lotions, jewelry, purses, wallets, hair accessories,
Though they may not be as fun to shop for, gift cards make a perfect
gift for teens and people who are just moving into a new apartment!
Store cards, Visa cards, Gas Cards, grocery store cards are all great!
Volunteers are also needed to assist with the Gift Distributions! Volunteers will be needed to assist with the gift giveaway. If you can help out for a few hours December 18-22nd, please email email@example.com or call (845) 331-7080×157.
Drop Off Locations:
- AFCO FUEL (40 Manor Ave, Kingston) – collecting donations for elementary school age children served by our Hodge Community Center – receive a discount on your fuel purchase or wood pellets with your donation
- Bank of America (451 Washington Avenue, Kingston branch only) – collecting donations for Washbourne House Domestic Violence Shelter Children and Women
- Inquiring Minds Book Store (200 Main St, Saugerties) – collecting donations for Washbourne House Domestic Violence Shelter Children and Women
- New Paltz Community Acupuncture (21 S Chestnut St, New Paltz) – collecting donations for Washbourne House Domestic Violence Shelter Children and Women
- Papi’s Pizza & Wings (55 Washington Ave, Kingston) – collecting donations for elementary school age children served by our Hodge Community Center – with 10% off your total purchase
- Storage 28 (1586 NY-28, West Hurley) – Coat Drive and Toy Collection for Family of Woodstock(entire agency as needed)
- Donations can also be left at any of our walk-in centers listed above – if you would like your donation to benefit a specific program please label them accordingly
Thank you for your generosity and happy holidays!