Making the Connections for New York’s Trafficked Youth is designed to prevent and resolve incidents of child sex trafficking in New York State by fostering the collaboration and cooperation among professionals, local and state law enforcement agencies, and social services providers who serve vulnerable children at risk of or already victims of sex trafficking. The day-long, multidisciplinary event of panel presentations and workshops will be focused on the statewide inter-connectedness of New York’s missing, exploited, runaway, homeless, and trafficked youth.
Featured Speakers and Workshops include:
- Afua Addo, Women’s Services Coordinator at The Center for Court Innovation’s Gender Justice Team and Lead for the Hidden Victims Project
- Nehal Raval, The New York Women’s Foundation, Sex Trafficking of Minors in New York: Increasing Prevention and Collective Action
- NY’s Safe Harbour Programs: Learning from Success
- Barriers to Identifying Trafficking Survivors in LGBTQ Communities, Lynly Egyes, Esq., Sex Workers Project at the Urban Justice Center
- Creating Impactful Residential and Aftercare Services, Dr. David Crenshaw, Ph.D, ABPP – Clinical Director and Lori Stella, LCSW – Safe Harbour Program Director for the Children’s Home of Poughkeepsie
- Human Trafficking is a Public Health Issue, Dr. Hanni Stoklosa. Emergency medicine physician at Brigham and Women’s Hospital, co-founder of HEAL Trafficking in 2013, an independent, interdisciplinary network of health professionals working to combat human trafficking
- Vulnerable Youth: Runaways and Transitioning From Care: Family of Woodstock (Ulster County) and The Center for Youth from (Monroe County)
- State and Federal Resources
The Best Western Conference Center is conveniently located just off Kingston Thruway Exit 19 and across from the Trailways Bus Station. Rooms are available to participants at a special rate of $109/night.
$75 Conference Registration Fee includes Breakfast and Lunch.
To register online go to:
https://making-the-connections-for-ny-trafficked-youth.eventbrite.com (link is external)
Child Find of America presents this conference with assistance from planning committee members:
Ulster County Department of Social Services’ Safe Harbor program; the NY Office for Children and Family Services; the Stronger Families NY Coalition of the USDHHS, Region II, ACF; NYS Missing Persons Clearinghouse, and Give Way to Freedom.
For more information, call Child Find at 845-883-6060 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org