Building a Strong Community: Neighbor to Neighbor
Date and Time: September 7, 2019 from 11am – 3 pm (Rain or Shine)
Place: Everette Hodge Community Center/Franklin Street, Kingston, N.Y.
Join us for this FREE, family-friendly community event!
The day will include:
- Community Resources
- Neighborhood Celebration
Learn more about what resources our community agencies have to offer and enjoy a day out with your neighbors- celebrating all of the wonderful people and places that make up beautiful Midtown Kingston!
Stay tuned for updates on special guests and performers. If your organization would like to sign up to set up a table or booth at this event or to become a sponsor and keep this event absolutely FREE for everyone, please contact Megan Weiss-Rowe at 845-331-7080 x170 or at email@example.com.
Exhibitor Information: Local not for profits, community groups, schools, and government agencies are encouraged to have a table at this event to connect with community members. All groups (exhibitors) must be registered prior to this event. Please note that this is a completely FREE event and exhibitors cannot sell any items, goods or services. Exhibitors may start setting up their informational tables at 8:30 am. All exhibitor cars must be off the street by 10:30am. Tear down begins at 3:15 pm. Exhibitor sites can vary in size and are offered on a first come, first served basis. Exhibitors are responsible for bringing their own display tables, sun & weather protection and chairs.
*please note that some volunteers may serve dual roles*
- SET UP – set up tables, put up road barricades, setting up stage, moving basketball hoops etc.
- TRAFFIC CONTROL – stationed at barricades on the street to divert traffic and direct vendor and volunteer cars to appropriate parking spaces
- GREETERS & FLOATERS – distribute event brochures, answer questions and direct participants to activity locations
- VENDOR ASSISTANCE – assist vendors in putting up tents, directing cars to appropriate vendor lot, carrying program information and checking in for the day
- TRASH COLLECTION – periodically pick up trash and empty cans (putting in new bags) throughout the day
- FOOD SERVERS – assist grilling team with transporting food to serving station, serve food to participants and keeping serving station clean
- CLEAN UP – pack up supplies that are going with committee members, sweep and mop floors in Hodge Center, put tables and chairs back, pick up litter on streets and remove barricades
8am-10am (mostly set up)
10am-12 (check in vendors, welcome neighbors, etc.)
12pm-2pm (assist in food prep and serving, assist with bicycle safety workshop, etc.)
2pm-4pm (mostly clean up, tear down, etc.).