Midtown Make a Difference Day
Saturday, June 16th, 2018, 11am-3pm
Franklin St., between Broadway and Prospect St., Kingston, NY
Join us for this FREE, family-friendly community event!
The day will include:
- Community Resources
- Neighborhood Celebration
Learn more about what resources our community agencies have to offer and enjoy a day out with your neighbors- celebrating all of the wonderful people and places that make up beautiful Midtown Kingston!
Volunteer Positions & Descriptions
*please note that some volunteers may serve dual roles*
- SET UP – set up tables, put up road barricades, setting up stage, moving basketball hoops etc.
- TRAFFIC CONTROL – stationed at barricades on the street to divert traffic and direct vendor and volunteer cars to appropriate parking spaces
- GREETERS & FLOATERS – distribute event brochures, answer questions and direct participants to activity locations
- VENDOR ASSISTANCE – assist vendors in putting up tents, directing cars to appropriate vendor lot, carrying program information and checking in for the day
- TRASH COLLECTION – periodically pick up trash and empty cans (putting in new bags) throughout the day
- BICYCLE WORKSHOP – assist workshop instructor with bicycle demonstrations
- FOOD SERVERS – assist grilling team with transporting food to serving station, serve food to participants and keeping serving station clean
- CLEAN UP – pack up supplies that are going with committee members, sweep and mop floors in Hodge Center, put tables and chairs back, pick up litter on streets and remove barricades
8am-10am (mostly set up)
10am-12 (check in vendors, welcome neighbors, etc.)
12pm-2pm (assist in food prep and serving, assist with bicycle safety workshop, etc.)
2pm-4pm (mostly clean up, tear down, etc.).
To volunteer email email@example.com or call 845-331-1110.
Registration for exhibitors for the 13th Annual Midtown Make a Difference Day is now open! Midtown Make a Difference Day is a free community event and includes food, music, children’s activities, fitness workshops, and much more!
Local not for profits and community groups are encouraged to register as exhibitors at the event and to provide information and interactive activities on a variety of topics including health, education, employment, legal, recreation and more. Exhibitor registration, which is free, is now open and can be completed at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MMADD2018. The registration form is also attached.
Exhibitors are responsible for bringing their own display tables, sun & weather protection and chairs. All Exhibitors must be registered prior to this event. Please note that this is a completely FREE event and exhibitors cannot sell any items, goods or services.
For more information, please contact Megan Weiss-Rowe, Director of Communications and Community Engagement for the City of Kingston and Event Chairperson, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 845-334-3964.